Antiviral-effect and antibacterial protection
- Strong antiviral and antibacterial effect against enveloped viruses and bacteria
- Suitable for all fibre types, from medical nonwovens (e.g. face masks) to fabrics for clothing and home textiles
- Residual virus infectivity tested according to a modified ISO 20743 method (Sendai), rapid antiviral effect demonstrated within 2-5 minutes
- Hypoallergenic, provides self-sanitising and germ resistant surface
- Patent pending antiviral-effect and antibacterial technology
- For washable fabrics: Lasts at least 60 gentle washes at 40°C (104°F)
- Regulatory coverage: EU REACH and EU BPR compliant, main ingredient registered with US TSCA and US EPA
Textiles are an infection and transmission risk
- Textiles provide a large hosting surface area for bacteria and viruses, benefiting their transmission
- Viruses and bacteria can remain active on textile surfaces from days to months
- Human coronavirus (SARS-CoV) can persist for up to 2 days on surgical gowns at room temperature
- Textiles treated with actively inhibit viruses and kill bacteria upon contact
- Treated textiles help to minimize the potential for re-transmission of pathogens from textiles
- Coronavirus (229e) 99.99% reduction.
- H1N1 99.99% reduction.
- H5N1 99.99% reduction.
- RSV 99.9% reduction.
* Based on mask studieMas. Treated masks reduce virus and bacteria infectivity by more than 30 times compared to untreated masks